Facebook Badge

Monday, May 25, 2009

Bolder Boulder 2009

It took me 31 years, but I finally have gotten myself in shape enough to run. I have been addicted to running ever since Jan...don't ask me how and don't ask me why, as it's still puzzling to me because I HATED running prior to that. Today was my first race, a 10K at the BolderBOULDER. I won't lie, I had a hard time sleeping the night before and I was nervous coming to the starting line but with my brother Josh by my side and and a goal in my mind I was set to go.
In Feb when I signed up my goal was to just finish the race, by April I wanted to be under an hour and as of last week I wanted to beat 55 minutes (I may have thrown out there 50 minutes but that was the Big Hairy Audacious Goal). The run went well, started very fast but kept an 8:30-8:50 pace for the whole race, of course there were some slow periods like the "cattle herding" going on as you enter the stadium but with all that, I finished at 54:31.65 (8:47 Pace). I was so stoked and it looks like we have started a new memorial day tradition as the rest of our family felt the bug and committed to running next year. Here are some pics to of the days events:











...next stop, Aug 8th 2009, Idaho Springs Half Marathon

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Congrats Eric--You look great!! from the comment above it looks like in a addition to a new addiction, you might have found yourself a new boyfriend too!

Riewerts' said...

yeah I removed BOTH of his comments...that was random..gotta love those blog stalkers, at least he was "Fierce"

Salt H2O said...

Congrats! Maybe there's hope that someday Brent will be a runner too.

Gotta get T in a race!

KMJ said...

Eric that is soooo great! Good for you. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Lea said...

That's awesome Eric!! Congrats on meeting your goal. Can't wait to hear about the half marathon!

Hollie said...

That's awesome Eric.. way to go! Thought you should know that Travis got put back into 2nd counselor in Young Mens and he is the scout master. I don't think he ever going to escape...he is there to stay. HA HA!!

The Mom. said...

Yeah! Im so glad you found us! We love keeping in touch with good friends like you guys. :o) We are proud of you slim. It takes a lot of determination and discipline to achieve something like that. Good job! And your daughter is to die for! SOOOOOO CUTE! Well you are officially added to our blog. So we'll see you soon...in a sense, you know. :oP later.

paul&chelsey said...

Way to go Eric! You are looking super trim and svelte. Can you talk Paul into running?

Kerri said...

Great Job.