Facebook Badge

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

When the cats away the mice will play...

So tonight Teresa had a "girls" night out which meant that it was "Daddy Daughter" night for Rachel and I... and since Rachel had a tramatic day yesterday after getting her first set of shots I wanted to make sure tonight she got to let loose and have some fun...So while Teresa was out watching My Fair blablabla Lady here is what he did at home:

First she ate her first Pizza



And chased it down with a Diet Dr Pepper



We watched some basketball on the boob tube



Next Rachel wanted to try on some of Mom's jewlery...she loved it and may have taken a few pieces for her own



She dabbled in some of Mom's makeup



and even tried on some of Mom's clothes...well sort of...



She even didn't have to wear her gloves tonight...Mommy always insists that she wear gloves so she doesn't scratch her face and I think she hates having them on...so tonight Rachel got her way...Look Mom No Gloves



After about 2 hours of partying she crashed hard core (pic taken last night after her shots...but it fits for this story...minus the sad face I'm making)



All in all it was a great night and she didn't even remember her sad shot day yesterday...well until I had to take her three bandaids off of her...poor girl. Now she is sound asleep in her bed and I have to go clean up the mess we made before Mom gets home.

18 comments:

Dawn said...

ahh she already has you wrapped around her little finger! She told me the shots didn't even really hurt and she was just milkin' it...sucker! no but seriously, could she be any cuter? I can't wait to see her next week! (and btw we need to put the river trip on the calendar!)

Jen I said...

That's hilarious. Great documentation. Looks like you're already the "cool parent". :)

Carol said...

Eric, you crack me up! Hilarious and oh so cute! A girl needs a good night after the dreaded shots! Hey at least My Fair Lady isn't as depressing as Les Mis when we saw it in London!

Rachel B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel B. said...

What a cute dad. :)

Salt H2O said...

The girl knows how to party like a rockstar! Just like her mom and dad.

Julia said...

Oh my gosh! You're a crack-up! Glad Rachel has such a fun dad now....wait until later when she wants to break all the rules on her own. See how you "deal" then! :)

Jeff and Stephanie said...

Bear! There are so many reasons why I love these pictures!!! I love the hat and gloves pic - it totally cracked me up! But I too can't wait to meet Rachel in the flesh and not via blog next week! And YES to the river! Lets plan a date ASAP!!!

Ryan Blad said...

Awesome! My favorite is the Diet Dr. Pepper.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh Eric, you're so funny! I was cracking up thinking of you setting up this little photoshoot! So cute =)

Lisa said...

I wonder what spit up looks like after a night of pizza and DP? Too cute.

The Mattinson's said...

Wow what a night. I don't Ryan would think to do something that wild and crazy Ha Ha. What a cute little girl. She is getting so big.

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Rachel is a doll! Looks like she had a good time with dad! And good for you, Teresa, for getting out for a girls night!

paul&chelsey said...

You are so funny! Way to make the most of your daddy daughter date. Teresa was probable a little freaked out when she saw the proof of your crazy parenting ways! Last time I left the boys home together, my baby was covered in dirt and bike grease. Paul let him explore in the garage while he cleaned it! Way to go dad!

Anonymous said...

Hey, how the heck are you?? I found your comment on our blog (Joe and Carol Scarbrough) and we were so happy to see how you and your family are doing! I had to comment in this section -- because this is SO the Eric we knew!! I just came across the video from the "corn maze" remember that?? Hope your doing great, and we would love to see you sometime.
Love,
Sister S
Carol -- now that you are an adult!

Dixons said...

Ok, this cracked me up!! (And kind of scared me to think of what Dan will be up to when I leave him with the baby!) I love that you took to the time to take all the pictures and blog about it. So funny! Hope you guys are doing great!

Mama Bear said...

Okay, so funny! Glad it was such a fun & productive daddy-daughter night!

Shuman X Seven said...

I just have to let you know, I loeved your blog! I don't even know, but am a friend of Ryan and Kerri's. I think it is wonderful youspent the time to make your little girl feel special. What a darling little one, It touch my heart, and made me SMILE! Thanks!