Facebook Badge

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Stars, Lots of Stars and the Hawaiian Moon!

A few weeks ago Teresa and I went on a trip to Kauai. A few of our friends from Colorado joined as well and we had a great time. Our itinerary was jammed packed with stuff and I think we are still trying to recoup and catch up on sleep. From an 18 mile sea kayak trip around the Napali coast (Rated #2 of Top 100 things to do in the US by National Geographic), to an 8 mile round trip hike to a 350 foot waterfall, to a 25 foot waterfall with cliff jumping and a rope swing, to a luau, to seeing Waimea Canyon (called the Grand Canyon of Hawaii), to snorkeling, to Queens Bath, to all the shaved ice we could eat (thank you Wishing Well for all the goodness you could offer!) we had the time of our lives...and yes I did manager to throw in 4-6 hours of surfing in each day, my shoulders are now shot. All in all it was a fun time but we are sure glad to be back with Ra-Ra(She stayed with my parents.) Here is a slide show with some pics from our trip...enjoy!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

so how do we get an invite next time? this looks like so much fun!!!

SuburbiaMom said...

What a fun trip!! Surprised you didn't wait to go til the bitter cold of winter.

Annie said...

So glad you two got away! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Lisa said...

OH I wish I was there!! Looks like so much fun. We did that trip 2 years ago. I love Kaui! I'm thinking maybe we should go in a getting a vacation home there?