Facebook Badge

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sub 2 Hours!!!!

The scarlet letter of running a half marathon over 2 hours has officaly been stripped from my chest. Those that know me know that I am very competitive and after finishing my first Half Marathon in August at 2:03:09 I had mixed emotions. Excited because I ran my first half marathon but upset because I missed sub-2 hours by only 3 min and 10 seconds. So of course I had to run one more...luckly there was one more non-sunday race left in CO and it was the ADT half marathon in Colorado Springs on Labor Day. I felt good on this race and ran very strong. I finished at 1:57:41!!!!. (8:58 per mile pace.) With the majority of the race season now over (one last 5K in Nov) it is on to thinking about next season. 2010 is the year of the Marathon!



2 comments:

Randi said...

Good for you Eric. I am not a runner so have have so much respect for you guys. I love the zoo pics. I want to feed the birds.

Kari Clark said...

Way to go Eric! Kuddos for making it under 2 hours.