Facebook Badge

Monday, August 17, 2009

Summer 2009 #5: The Half Marathon

So I finally did it, I ran my first Half Marathon. The day before my birthday I got to take an item off my bucket list. It was a great time, there were even 6 people from my Ward that ran as well. It was a little harder than I thought. Especially since we started at 8,000 feet. Granted we finished at 7,000 feet so you would think that going downhill would make you fast but the opposite is true. The declines were very steep and there were a whole bunch of up hills...I mean we are in the Rockies. All in all I am glad I finished it, though I didn't get the sub-2hr time I wanted (2:02) That's ok though as I already signed up for another one on Labor Day. What the heck has gotten into me....



3 comments:

Niki said...

Congrats on a great accomplishment!!

the Koch's said...

Nice work on finishing the half! That's a pretty impressive goal to finish in under 2 hrs so congrats on getting so close to that. Or was the goal actually 1:58:52? Hmmm, just checking.

KMJ said...

Way to go Eric! I am so impressed.